Water flossers are effective and beneficial products that make flossing easier and more enjoyable. If you are one who struggles to floss each day, a water flosser is for you!
How to Use a Water Flosser
- Make sure the base, also known as the reservoir, is filled with lukewarm water. Select the tip you would like to use, and adjust the pressure control to the level you prefer.
- Lean over the sink and press the tip of the water flosser in your mouth. Close your lips around the tip and turn the unit on. It’s important to keep your lips tight around the flosser.
- Start by rinsing between your back teeth and pause briefly at every crevice. When cleaning aim the flosser tip just above the gumline at a 90-degree angle.
- When you are done washing the food particles and plaque from between your teeth, turn the unit off and then press the “Tip Eject” button to remove the tip.
Why Use a Water Flosser
- Evidence proves that it is an effective way to deeply clean the crevices of your smile.
- It is easy to use.
- It effectively removes plaque and other harmful substances from your teeth.
- It deeply cleans the pockets in your mouth.
- It thoroughly cleans around braces and other orthodontic appliances.
- It is safe and gentle.
- It reduces your chances of having periodontal disease.
Now remember, it’s very important to floss at least once a day. In addition to flossing, make sure you also brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste. This technique will also help you properly clean your smile. When you are done flossing and brushing, rinse your mouth with fluoride mouthwash daily. This will complete the cleaning job and will give you fresh breath. Oral hygiene is important and it is vital if you want a strong and healthy smile. Another task you need to remember to do is visit your dentist every six months. These cleanings and exams will further prevent tooth decay and gum disease and will also allow your dentist to find and fix any dental problems you have.
If you have any questions about water flossers in Lebanon, Pennsylvania, or if you would like a recommendation on the best water flosser for your smile, call Brighter Smiles Family Dental today at 717-274-5613 and schedule an appointment. Your dentist, Dr. Jing Yang, will be happy to help you if you just call 717-274-5613 now!